Wanted fender mounted mirrors. But came to conclusion using motorcycle mirrors or Mazda Miata mirrors were cheesy. Couldn't afford RE Amemiya mirrors either, so just stayed original.
Stripped off old clear and scuffed base yellow. Decided to just leave body kit on to avoid cost of using new parts and such.
The Fenders corners were in bad shape. Spot welded and grinded til good.
For the hell of it I shaved the hood pins to blend into the carbon fiber hood that ended up gloss black.
Sprayed a white basecoat before the yellow. Otherwise body work will bleed thru and show. I learned first hand.Wasted some paint and time.
After base yellow paint sprayed, the matte clear was sprayed. When the clear begins to dry it results to this matte finish.
Shortly after finishing the exterior make-over, the engine caught fire during a drive. Awesome.
The cause of fire was a huge fuel leak, spilling all over the top of the engine block. Possibly from the fuel pulsation damper.
As I cleaned and replaced all necessary parts, I decided to go from the factory sequential twin turbo setup to full non sequential twin turbo setup, which means both turbos spun at the same time. Doing this setup also made the engine bay a lot less cluttered.
Shortly after getting the car back on the road again, I ended up selling it to a friend. Maybe one day I'll work on another. Preferably one with a V8. Lol.